MAP Users guide¶
NB : According to the map global configuration and/or the current user access level, some tools described below can be unavailable when you load a map.
Google Earth (1) : Loads a Google Earth view instead of the normal map view in the map panel. To switch back to normal view, click again on the tool button.
Pan (2) : Activates the panning tool and provides mousewheel zoom support. After activation, click on the map and drag the map image.
Zoom box (3) : Activates the box zoom tool. After activation, draw a box in the map to zoom in.
Zoom plus (4) : Executes a zoom in action on the map.
Zoom minus (5) : Executes a zoom out action on the map.Navigation history :
- back (6) : Executes a zoom to the previous map extent in the history navigation
- next (7) : Executes a zoom to the next map extent in the history navigation
Zoom to extent (8) : Executes a zoom to the maximum extent of the map.Measure : Activates the measure tool length (9) or area (10).
- After activation of the length tool, click on the map once, drag the mouse and then click a second time to measure the distance. Continue to drag and click to add additional segments. You can add as many segments as you want, the measure will be the total length of the geometry.
- After activation of the area tool, draw at least 3 points to see the area of a geometry displayed. You can add as many vertices as you want to your geometry, the measure will be the area of the complete geometry.
Google geocoder (11) : Executes a search with the Google Geocoder tool (https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/geocoding/) and zoom to the result.
Print (12) : Opens a print preview window to set up the document for print.
Add layers : Opens a window to select layer(s) to add to the map among available layers of available services.
Remove layer : Removes off the map the layer selected in the layer tree.Layer properties : Opens the layer properties window. Based on the map configuration and service capabilities, this window allows to :
- set the layer title
- set the layer display options : opacity, image format...
- select the layer style
Right click on a layer gives access to :
Zoom to layer extent : Executes a zoom to the max extent of the selected layer
Remove layer : Removes off the map the selected layer.
Layer properties : see above.