URL test does not work
|Sponsor:||ASIT-VD (CH)||Ergonomic impact:||
In resource management, in diffusion options, the user can choose product storage = URL under "Download" (See attached image).
Then he's asked for the file URL and, optionally , for login/password. Then the user can test the URL Access.
It seems that this feature only test the domain name :
- if I test www.easysdi.org, it returns "The resource is accessible thanks to the information provided"
- if I test "easysdi.org/fffff" (which is HTTP error 404), the test returns a "The resource is accessible thanks to the information provided". It should return an error message ("The resource is accessible thanks to the information provided").
#7 Updated by Blatti Yves about 3 years ago
TC has accepted to relocate this method in CORE to be transversal.I would suggest that this URL check helper would have the following features:
- Handle HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, (FTPS if possible with php curl)
- Optional authentication (user/password)
- Follow redirections
- Do not load full files (they can be really heavy), instead use HTTP HEAD (CURLOPT_NOBODY), or load only partial file with GET (in case of HTTP). What about FTP ?
- Return an object with:
- Success (true/false) : true only if file is reachable
- Code (200, 404, 403, ...)
- Message ('Found','Not found','Forbidden',...)
- The user of the library can use only the status, or can give a more detailed message if needed (code + message)
- I would suggest that this library does not carry any translations