Rendering Real Time data
WMS calls are made with a specific frequency.
There is a need of rendering automatically fresh data with small time intervals into a MAP context (which is not exactly real time rendering as exposed into the title).backoffice layers' definition could be completed with two more parameters:
- Real time layer : yes / no
- Update frequency [in seconds]
These new parameters will be taken in charge by each MAP context displaying such real time layers. Only those layers will be automatically refresh with their own update frequency (not all the MAP).
#1 Updated by Magoni Bruno about 5 years ago
- Assignee changed from Technical Committee to Van Hoecke Hélène
We have to focus about which kind of parameters real-time relates on (is it an "openlayers" parameters" or not).
If not we can go ahead with such feature, or we have to wait about reflexion over issue #880.
#3 Updated by Van Hoecke Hélène about 4 years ago
- Status changed from Request For Comments to Request For Votes
- Assignee changed from Technical Committee to Steering Committee
- Functional impact set to WMS calls are made with a specific frequency.
- Ergonomic impact set to none
TC has validated the interest of allowing real time data in easySDI MAP.
But, with the new Leaflet MAP, working with vector layers (GeoJSON) seems to be a better approch.
However, with the actual capacities of the GeoExt MAP, TC validates the proposition of using WMS with an update frequency.