Defect #787

Crowdin translation import : missing strings + naming in catalog

Added by Blatti Yves over 4 years ago. Updated about 3 years ago.

Status:ClosedStart date:
Priority:NormalDue date:
Assignee:-% Done:

100%

Category:-
Target version:4.2.0
Affected version:4.2.0

Description

Some points about language files:

  • Since Crowdin translation import is functional, translated files (FR/DE) are overwritten.
    Some translation were only done in French, so we'll have to add strings in English, wait for Crowdin import, translate them on Crowdin and wait for import in easySDI repo. (fortunately there's not a lot of them ;-) )
  • Not related to Crowdin, but some stings in esaySDI catalog have different prefix:
COM_EASYSDI_CATALOG_VALIDATE_AND_SAVE_ITEM="Valider et enregistrer" 
COM_EASYSDI_CATALOG_INPROGRESS_ITEM="En travail" 
COM_EASYSDI_CATALOGE_SEARCH="Rechercher" 
COM_EASYSDI_CATALOGE_THESAURUS_GEMET="Select Keywords" 

COM_EASYSDI_CATALOGE ... with an "E", any technical reason to this ?

History

#1 Updated by Magoni Bruno over 4 years ago

  • Automatic translation process is not for now fully functionnal as it is still be tested. Official info will be published when this process is validated.
    Translation process is first part of the incoming Continuous Integration Platform which has been implemented for testing now; and your summary is correct on how such process is working.
    French entries in en-GB reference file is a known issue described by Xavier in Localization Platform and still need to be addressed as you say.
  • COM_EASYSDI_CATALOGE prefix is bad typo and should be fixed in future releases...

#2 Updated by Mérour Xavier over 4 years ago

Hi Bruno,

Thanks for your info and I am glad to read the CIP is coming gently ;.)

Concerning "French entries in en-GB reference file", we started to correct it this morning and Yves will commit those corrections today.

#3 Updated by Magoni Bruno over 4 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Affected
  • Assignee set to Blatti Yves
  • Target version set to 156

#4 Updated by Blatti Yves over 4 years ago

  • Assignee changed from Blatti Yves to Battaglia Marc
  • % Done changed from 0 to 50

Missing EN translation, and French versions on string in EN files that we found have been fixed.
In my sandbox: svn://127.0.0.1:13690/easysdi/sandboxes/asit-vd/4.2.x

I won't touch the COM_EASYSDI_CATALOGE typo without knowing the implications with Crowdin. I suspect that we'll loose all translations that are affected if we patch this, am I right ?

#5 Updated by Magoni Bruno over 4 years ago

  • Assignee changed from Battaglia Marc to Blatti Yves

Hi Yves,

You're right that renaming alias entry in en-GB files will remove previous translation.
To fix this regarding correct process will imply to:
1. add now new fixed alias entries in en-GB file (i.e. COM_EASYSDI_CATALOG_SEARCH="Search")
2. wait nightly build for automatic update of en-GB new version's file into Localization Platform
3. translate in french new alias entries through Localization Platform (keeping old ones allow translators to search them and copy paste translation into new ones)
4. remove old alias entries from en-GB file (i.e. COM_EASYSDI_CATALOGE_SEARCH="Rechercher")
5. wait nightly build that will end automatically such fix process

Continuous Integration process is still tested and will be inactivated since tomorrow for three weeks waiting come back of Marc on such issue :-(
Thanks for your patience and the already done work.

#6 Updated by Blatti Yves over 4 years ago

OK, step one is done, we'll wait for CI to be rolling again...

#7 Updated by Battaglia Marc over 4 years ago

  • Status changed from Affected to Resolved

Continuous integration is functional again. Translations are added and committed on the SVN.

#8 Updated by Battaglia Marc over 4 years ago

  • % Done changed from 50 to 100

#9 Updated by Battaglia Marc over 4 years ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Closed

#10 Updated by Blatti Yves over 4 years ago

  • Status changed from Closed to New

#11 Updated by Blatti Yves over 4 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Affected
  • % Done changed from 100 to 80

Not ready for closing:
- I haven't validated that all strings are OK on crowding + translated.
- Then we'll have to drop old strings (misspelled prefix) in English files

#12 Updated by Magoni Bruno over 4 years ago

  • Target version changed from 156 to 157

#13 Updated by Magoni Bruno about 4 years ago

Hi Yves,

Last week, we have worked on this issue.
- Reference entries of "*CATALOGE*" have been moved to "CATALOG" and changed into the source code and committed in 4.2.x branch; translations of such entries have also been recovered into translation platform
- Some missing reference entries has been added in en-GB files; just need to translate them into translation platform

#14 Updated by Van Hoecke Hélène about 4 years ago

  • Status changed from Affected to Resolved
  • % Done changed from 80 to 100

#15 Updated by Van Hoecke Hélène about 4 years ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Closed

#16 Updated by Magoni Bruno almost 4 years ago

  • Target version changed from 157 to 4.2.0

#17 Updated by Magoni Bruno almost 4 years ago

  • Affected version changed from to 4.2.0

#18 Updated by Van Hoecke Hélène about 3 years ago

  • Assignee deleted (Blatti Yves)

Also available in: Atom PDF