Implement auto update for EasySDI client 4 package
|Status:||Request For Comments||Start date:|
|Assignee:||Mérour Xavier||% Done:|
Implement auto update for EasySDI client 4 package.
Has been partially done for EasySDI v3.
(V3 URL: http://update.easysdi.org/packages/easysdi/manifest.xml)
[EDIT: After bruno's remark, title and desc have been changed]
#1 Updated by Magoni Bruno over 5 years ago
- Affected version changed from 4.0.1 to 4.0.0
Auto update feature has not been fully implemented in easySDI V3 (was only for testing but not used).
As easySDI V4.1.0 has fully refactored installers, it could be very interesting to plan such new feature in upper versions!
Regarding such information, I propose to change this issue as feature instead of defect.
What do you think?
#2 Updated by Blatti Yves over 5 years ago
- Tracker changed from Defect to Feature
- Subject changed from EasySDI client 4 package update URL points to 3.x verisons to Implement auto update for EasySDI client 4 package
- Description updated (diff)
I agree !
I changed title and description according to your informations
#4 Updated by Magoni Bruno about 5 years ago
Before working on auto update mechanism, it implies that size of easySDI package must be decreased as much as possible, or that prerequisites are previously checked before launching package installation/update.
For now, easySDI package is not able to be executed through upload process as it's size is huge. The first step is to configure the server (PHP parameters) to allow upload file bigger than 30 Mo.
So the goal is to:
- add in preflight verification of environment to prevent any upload/execution timeout (PHP ini memory_limit set to 32M, ...)
- add in preflight verification of dependencies to prevent any misbehaviour (PHP CURL extension activated, ...)
Then we can work on auto-update process...
#7 Updated by Van Hoecke Hélène about 4 years ago
- Status changed from Request For Comments to Request For Votes
- Assignee changed from Technical Committee to Steering Committee
- Functional impact set to Update enhacements
- Ergonomic impact set to none
For now, the easySDI package is 20M.
Size is no more a problem to set back up the auto update functionnality.
Tc has validated this feature.