OTP : Very very long password
|Assignee:||Van Hoecke Hélène ||% Done:|
When allowing one-time password feature, the autogenerated password is a 128 characters string. Is it really necessary ?
_I tested it and when copying the password by selecting it with a double-clic, it added an extra "space" at the end to the string which leads to wrong password copied in the interface.
I happens to me... and may happen to others as well.
Thomas, why not considering a shorter password to avoid this kind of "problem" ?
Bonus proposal : could you trim the white spaces before hashing the user-provided password ?
This would avoid windows copy-pastry fails (white space selected before or after the password received in the mail).
- Assignee changed from Portier Thomas to Blatti Yves
We could also add a parameter to define the password length
- Subject changed from Very very long password to OTP : Very very long password
- Status changed from Affected to Resolved
- Target version set to 4.5.0
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
Go for a trim().
- Status changed from Resolved to To merge
- Assignee changed from Blatti Yves to Van Hoecke Hélène
- Status changed from To merge to Closed
Also available in: Atom